|The Lodge, luxury living at Turning Stone Resort, Casino and Spa.|
Stunned and delighted with the success of a simple bingo parlor, the Oneida leaders set out to create a first-rate resort that could secure future priorities for their people, better education, health and housing. The Oneida, known as the "people of the standing stone," named it Turning Stone for the effect it would have on their lives.
I recently spent two nights there as their guests and was most impressed with the service, quality, amenities and attitudes, not to mention the improved lives of those living in Oneida territory. Casino buffs will be pleased, gourmets will be more than satisfied and golfers will love it.
Turning Stone is located 30 minutes east of Syracuse, NY, near the town of Oneida and the Finger Lakes region.
Here is a sample of their specials.
Be Our Next Champion Package
Starting at $635 for The Lodge, $540 for the Tower and $520 for the Hotel, per person based on double occupancy, available May 1 through September 30, 2012.
• Two nights accommodations at The Lodge, Tower or Hotel
• One round each at Atunyote®, Shenendoah and Kaluhyat courses
• $100 replays same day at Atunyote®
• Unlimited replays same day at Shenendoah or Kaluhyat
• Complimentary golf at Sandstone Hollow
Putt & Pamper Package
Starting at $380 per person based on double occupancy, available May 1 through October 31, 2012.
• Luxury overnight accommodations at The Lodge
• One round per person at Shenendoah or Kaluhyat
• One 50 minute Sk7:n8: Spa service per person
• $50 meal credit per person
Lodge Golfer's Getaway
Starting at $303 per person based on double occupancy, available May 1 through October 31, 2012.
• Overnight accommodations at The Lodge
• Unlimited golf after 3 p.m. at Shenendoah or Kaluhyat on arrival afternoon
• 18 holes of golf at Shenendoah or Kaluhyat next morning
• Lunch on the Turn and a drink at the 19th hole
• Complimentary access to the Lodge Fitness Center
• Guaranteed 3 p.m. Check-in
Please call to make a reservation.
Details: www.turningstone.com Reservations: 800-771-7711
|Summer in Virginia.|
What: Summer rates from $160 per night per room.
Stay and Play package, $270 per room per night:
• one night's accommodation
• 1 18-hole round of golf for two at Birdwood
• use of driving range and practice green
• range balls
When: Through Nov. 12, 2012.
Where: The Boar's Head Inn, Charlottesville, VA.
Fine Print: Resort fees, taxes and gratuities extra.
Discounts for Amelia's Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off
What: Six hotels offer discounted rooms for the Kansas City Barbecue Society-sanctioned Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off which has 50 professional and backyard teams vying for Best Barbecue cash awards and bragging rights plus free live entertainment from Little River Band and Rockit Fly.
• Addison on Amelia offers a free night on reservations of four nights or more during the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off weekend. AddisonOnAmelia.com
• Amelia Island Hampton Inn at the Beach is offering a $99 rate for a double room, plus tax, during the cook-off. AmeliaIslandHamptonInn.com
• Amelia Hotel at the Beach is offering standard rooms (king or double) for $79 per night for visitors attending the cook-off. The rate is only available through phone reservations and includes free parking, free Hot & Healthy breakfast daily, an afternoon warm cookie service and the new “Lobby Lounge” featuring a variety of beverages. Make sure to use rate code COOK when booking the deal. AmeliaHotel.com
• Beachside Motel will offer a third night free during the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off. For visitors who can only stay for two nights, the property is offering a 20 percent discount. Only one discount is allowed per room. The offers are valid August 22-27, 2012. Must call (877) 261-4236 to receive discount. BeachsideMotel.com
• Elizabeth Pointe Lodge is walking distance from the event and offers a Third Annual Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off Package starting at $578. The package includes a king bed, sunset guest room for two nights, bike rental for two, hors d’oeuvres reception each evening, complete breakfast each morning, newspaper, Wi-Fi, beach equipment and parking. ElizabethPointeLodge.com
• Fairbanks House is offering a bottle of Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce and a bag of Southern Slush Mix to guests staying three or more nights for the Cook-off. Guests will also be treated to gourmet breakfasts and evening social hours with adult beverages and hors d'oeuvres. This offer is available for new bookings only, and one offer per room. Mention code STC12 when making your reservation. FairbanksHouse.com
• Omni Amelia Island Plantation is offering their “Beach and Breakfast” package during the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off. The package includes accommodations, breakfast for each registered guest, and use of the health and fitness center. Prices start at $179 per night. Must use code LEISBF when booking. OmniAmeliaIslandPlantation.com
• Residence Inn, Amelia Island is the official host hotel of the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off and recently received the Diamond designation, Marriott’s Highest Level of Distinction. The property offers rates starting at $109 per night, which includes free hot full breakfast, evening social, and shuttle service to the cook-off. Mention Tailgate Cook-off to get the rate. ResidenceInnAmeliaIsland.com
• The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island is offering the “Comfort You” package during the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off weekend. The package includes accommodations, breakfast for two and a $75 resort credit. The package starts at $379 per night. Ritzcarlton.com/AmeliaIsland
Where: Amelia Island, FL.
When: 3 p.m. Aug. 24, 10 a.m. Aug. 25, 2012.
More on the cook-off: www.gstailgatecookoff.com.
|Paddling from the Sea Voyager.|
What: Book any 2012-2013 Sea Voyager Expeditions cruise by Oct. 31, 2012 and pay no single supplement! Rates for these all-inclusive 8-12-night cruises aboard the ship M/V Sea Voyager range from $3,950 to $7,450, vs. the usual single rates of $6,350 to $8,950.Cruises concentrate on Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica and Ecuador and most transit the Panama Canal.
• Eight-night "Caribbean Parks & Islands of Colombia & Panamá" which focuses on the Panamá Canal transit, the San Blas Islands, and the rainforests, clear waters and exotic wildlife of Columbia's rarely visited coast;
• 12-night "Pacific Wilds of Ecuador, Colombia & Panama" and its similar reverse sailing, "Last Frontier of Panama Colombia & Ecuador " visiting Colombia's Malaga Bay and Gorgona Island NP and giving guests the chance to hike Panama's Darien Jungle and Ecuador's Cayapas-Mataje Ecological Reserve;
• Eight-night "Unspoiled Pacific of Panama & Costa Rica" where highlights include Las Perlas Islands, Coiba Island - the world's third largest marine park -- and Osa Peninsula, named by National Geographic as "the most biologically intense place on Earth";
• Eight-night "Treasures of Costa Rica & Panama," where guests explore the Secas Islands with hikes, by Zodiac and kayak, and snorkel the secluded bays, Marenco Biological Reserve with its monkeys, toucans, parrots, manta rays, dolphins and other exotic wildlife, and Panama's Darien Jungle with a visit to the local Emberá village.